Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mondy Off the Board


Grand Rapids Catholic Central's Duke Mondy left Friday afternoon to visit Providence University. But he returned ,this morning, committed to play basketball for the Big East school. "It just felt right over there, I like everything about it, and the school loves their basketball," said Mondy.

The 6-2 combo guard's recruitment has really picked up, especially after a successful summer playing AAU basketball for the Michigan Mustangs. "I was getting major interest from Drake, Western Michigan, Ohio University, and Oakland; some bigger schools had contacted me and wanted to evaluate me more, but I was ready to end the recruiting process, "said Mondy.

Mondy has solid ball handling skills to go with a consistent jump shot from anywhere on the floor. Mondey has good balance that allows him to get to the basket and finish. "Coach Keno Davis told me that I can play either the point or the off guard but he wants to mold me into a point guard. I will also get the chance to play major minutes as a freshman," adds Duke.

On another note Mondy took his visit to the Rhode Island school with Detroit Community's James Still. Still is considering plenty of schools but Mondy feels he will also end up at Providence. "We both had a great time and even though I was the only one to commit, I don't think he is far behind," said Mondy.

No comments: