Thursday, June 5, 2008

The King picks up an offer!


Last night Brandan "The King" Kearney took an unofficial visit to the University and Michigan and received an offer to play for the Wolverines. The 6-4 point guard is arguably the #1 player in the class of 2011.

Kearney started drawing attention from college coaches when he began starting on Detroit Southeastern's varsity team as a freshman. The recruiting has really picked up over the AAU season as B.K. has led the way for the Michigan Mustangs.

Brandan spent over six hours visiting the campus and athletic facilities at U of M, "The visit went great, Coach was great, and I really enjoyed myself," said Kearney. Kearney's visit to Ann Arbor comes a day after Trey Ziegler's visit to Wolverine Country, Ziegs also picked up an offer from Coach Beilein. "Coach Beilein said Michigan basketball is going to turn around I like the direction they are heading," stated Kearney.

Kearney has always had a relationship with the University of Michigan due to the fact that he is relatives to Stan and Braylon Edwards, but that does not make him a lock to be a Wolverine. "We play different sports, so it makes the situation different. Just because that was the right fit for them doesn't necessarily make it the right fit for me. Michigan is going to have to recruit me just like any other school."

Kearney's recruiting is just getting started as schools like Michigan State, Memphis, Ohio State, Indiana, Louisville, and Davidson have also showed major interest in him. Even with offers coming in so early, the recruiting process is far from over for this young man. "My family and I don't plan to make a decision until my senior season is over. I want to enjoy this process and make sure that I make the right decision."