(Trey Zeigler pushes the ball up the court while at CMU)
(Just one of the times Kallante Miller exploded to the basket at CMU)
(at 6-7 Dan Chilcote can do anything a guard can do)
Mt. Pleasant- Below are a listing of the top individual performances from CMU's team camp this past weekend. Players are listed in ranked order.
1. Maurice Jones, Arthur Hill- "Pookie" controlled every game he played by being a playmaker on both ends of the floor.
2. Trey Zeigler, Mt. Pleasant- Zeigs was deserving of the #1 spot but the difference was Pookie won the championship game. Zeigler showed off his ability to run the point as well as dominate on the block.
3. Sammy Burton, Oak Park- did a terrific job of controlling the tempo and looking for his teammates. He knew when to push it and when to pull it out.
4. Omari Humes, Arthur Hill- Humes time in the weight room is starting to pay off.
5. Kallante Miller, Oak Park- attacked the basket well but just ran out of gas as the day went on.
6. Andrew VanDierendonck, Wyandott Roosevelt- I loved his ability to handle the ball and get to the basket at his height.
7. Dan Chilcote, Lumen Christi- hit jumpers from all over the court, impressive for a 6-7 sophomore.
8. Joey Saladino, Forest Hills Central- hit 11 3-pointers against Lumen Christi in the quarter finals, enough said!
9. Jimmy Davis, Saginaw- carried the load for a Trojan team that was missing plenty of players.
10. Korey VanDussen, Zeeland East- played well but struggled against some of the better players.